Journal Mitzvah

Journal Mitzvah

Sunday, May 10, 2020

HaShem, Tzaddik, You




HaShem, Tzaddik, You

A question: “Dear Rabbi, I used to be a pilot and am beginning to become stronger in religion. As a pilot, I would occasionally talk with people about Torah concepts I didn’t quite understand as I have not grown up with them. Today, I am fortunate enough to have some time to learn and listen to lectures, however I have a question. Why exactly is it important for me to have a rabbi to act as an intermediate between me and God? Why can’t I contact or reach him directly?”

The Rabbi's answer: “Being a pilot is a great job as it is very special. When you take your place and fly, you need something to help you navigate. Something to tell you when to turn left and when to turn right. Without it, you wouldn’t know if you were going to America, Africa, or anywhere else. The role of a rabbi is to act as that navigation piece. To tell you when you’re going to need to turn and when you need to continue straight. A rabbi is essentially the one that guides you on a straight path. Just as without the plane’s navigation you may crash into another plane, so too a rabbi makes sure you’re not crashing by deviating from the right path. Without the plane’s navigation no matter how good of a pilot you are, you won’t succeed in getting to your desired location without its help”.

By Rabbi Pinto.

Permission granted by the Instagram administrator to the Journal Mitzvah.

The President of Rabbinical Court of Morocco.


No comments:

Post a Comment