Journal Mitzvah

Journal Mitzvah

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Tzeitel Katan, part 9





The TZEITEL KATAN of Rebbe Elimelech of Lizhensk

These are the things that a man shall do and live by:

9 – You should form the habit of saying Modeh Ani immediately upon awakening: “Modeh ani lefanecha Melech chai v’kayam shehechezarta bi nishmasi b’chemlah rabbah emunasecha — I thank You, living eternal King, for having returned my soul with mercy; great and abundant is Your faith.” Then say the following with a joyful heart even in Yiddish [or in English, or whatever language you are most familiar with]: “Blessed is the most exalted G-d, who has given me this commandment to wear tzitzis, in which I am encircled, and who has given me the commandment to ritually cleanse and wash my hands in the morning in order to remove the evil spirit of contamination and the hunks and hard shells of impurity from my two hands.” You must make sure that  you are full of joy and happiness when saying this and accept upon yourself the safeguard of minimizing your speech.

Published in Journal Mitzvah with permission of author.
Taken from Mipeninei Noam Elimelech book.

R' Tal Moshe Zwecker
Director Machon Be'er Mayim Chaim Publishing
Chassidic Classics in the English Language
www.chassidusonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment